Our kits are the easiest way to make your candles. Plus, they make the perfect handmade gift or DIY project for you and a loved one.
Our Artisan Candle Kit Set Includes:
- Easy to follow instructions leaflet
- Vacuum sealed aluminium bag with soy/coconut wax blend
- Container jar of your choice
- 1 Candle wick
- 2 Fragrance oil ampoules (tobacco-vanilla)
- Colour chips of your choice
- Wooden wick sustainer (to hold the wick straight while pouring)
- Wooden stick to stir the fragrance oil in the wax.
- Glue dots to hold the wick in place
- "Warning" sticker to place underneath the container
- "Warning" dust lid to protect the candle from dust and maintain scent fresh.
- Matches box
IMPORTANT! A candle making thermometer allows you to monitor the wax temperature when making candles. It ensures you do not overheat the wax, add dye and fragrance at the right temperature, and pour at the desired temperature. To add our professional digital thermometer to your kit make sure to add it ticking the check box in the product options.
To keep your candle jar protected while travelling or to gift your handmade candle to a loved one we included as an add on a stunning soft red velvety pouch with a long luxurious red tassel.
As a last option we included a stainless steel melting jug to use for melting and pouring of wax.
Artisan Candle Making Kits
Return & Refund Policy
- Read instructions fully before starting.
- Wipe the inside of the container out with a paper towel and rubbing alcohol. Make sure the container is clean and dry.
- Peel the protective film of the glue dot and place on the metal bottom of the included wick and press it to the bottom centre of the container. Press firmly.
- Use the wick sustainer to stabilize the wick to keep it straight and in one place as you pour the wax.
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a simmer on the stovetop. If you're using a melting pot or pitcher, lower it directly into the water; if you're using a heat-proof bowl, set it right atop the pot like you're melting chocolate. Allow the wax to melt on medium heat, stirring occasionally. This can take a few minutes to get going, but have patience. Do not allow to boil, DO NOT MICROWAVE and, do not overheat!
- This is a good time to carefully open the sealed fragrance ampoules. Please be careful as the aluminium sealing ring may have sharp edges when broken.
- When the wax is fully melted and reached a temperature of 85℃ remove from heat and place the melting jug on a stable surface, like a silicone mat.
- Add both ampoules of fragrance oil to the hot wax and, stir steadily for 2-3 minutes. Although stirring this long may seem unnecessary it allows fragrance oil molecules to bond and settle between the larger wax molecules uniformly. This way cold and hot scent throw will be optimal, and fragrance will not seep out from the top or settle at the bottom of the container.
- Make sure to don't stir too vigorously, which will avoid incorporating air in the hot wax resulting in sinkholes when the wax is fully cooled.
- At this time you may add colour chips if you wish and stir for a full minute and a half. Make sure chips are fully melted at this stage. If needed you may reheat wax slightly.
- Allow cooling to a pouring temperature of 70c. Use a thermometer for best results.
- Carefully pour the melted wax into the candle container. Pour slowly and steadily in a thin stream, to avoid creating air bubbles, which can make the surface of the finished candle look uneven, or cause sinkholes.
- Let the candles cool undisturbed at room temperature for at least 24 hours before first burn cycle.
- If surface is uneven use a hair dryer on high heat but low air stream setting for a few seconds, or use a torch to quickly melt wax surface until top layer is fully melted.
- The longer you let your candle cure, the better hot throw will have. We suggest waiting up to a week for best results.
Weight: 200 grams
100% Soya Wax